Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Furthering Knowledge, Furthering Inaccurate Contradictions

I'm spending tonight (or at least a little time right now, until I get too bored to continue) cramming for the SAT tomorrow morning. Being dedicated and motivated, I obtained plenty of study materials before summer even began, and even made a plan on how to approach studying, set goals, etc. Pretty good, right? Well, I had a surprising number of commitments during summer, and studying got pushed to the back of my mind. I had a good run in August, but that came to a screeching halt when school began. We're told to take challenging courses, right? Yeah, so my time's full doing the massive assignments for classes and other obligations, college apps, etc. that I simply have no time to study. So how is this fair? Those expected to do well on these ridiculous tests have the least amount of time to dedicate to them. Now I'm just venting, which I said I wouldn't do...

Regardless, I took a break and continued some reading from Wednesday. Thought I'd link to a good article I found detailing recent events in the study of evolution.

A counter to the argument is found here.
(Edit: upon watching an argument posed on the Colbert Report, an excellent point is made. The above article falsely interprets that evolution has occurred by chance. Natural selection, however, is a process that involves chance only at the level of accidental mutations, which happen countless times in each of us every day. Rather, it is a process of slight advantage having a pronounced effect with the passage of time. No chance there.)

Granted, neither article is very long, but both are provokative.

I found a few other articles I plan to post and comment on, but not now. Now I must return to studying...


If Jake has 3 blue marbles and Joan has 14 green marbles and Becky has 26 yellow marbles, what is the ratio of the sun's mass to the radius of the percentage of malaria-carrying mosquitoes in North Africa as of 1873 in the river-crossed region of...

No comments: