Sunday, October 08, 2006

First of Many to Come

Following a fiasco at my school almost one year ago, I (along with many others) directed myself away from blogging and any association with it. We decided it might be best to keep our thoughts to ourselves, away from the prying eyes of the over-zealous high school administration. Following a friend's example, I later created a MySpace site. That, then, became the newest rage and suddenly the whole event turned into a giant Cyber High School. Great, and all I want to do is get the hell out of high school. That site didn't last long.

Eventually, I convinced myself to create a new blogging site, considering I'm very vocal about my opinions and what better way to get them out there? Who knows how any strange soul would stumble across my site, as I have no plans to publicly announce its creation? Regardless, this blog will provide an outlet for my many, many thoughts, ideas, and such. I may not have the cynical, sharp sense of humor or my friend Kaleb, nor the wit or charm or vocabulary of... well, Kaleb, but I feel I can provide enough of an entertaining read that some intelligent or at least mildly interested folk will provide a consistent reader base. I'm not trying to go nation-wide published or anything.

Note that this site will NOT be a medium for ranting, venting, or the like, as that's what began the whole catastrophe last year. No, this will be no more than a collection of excerpts from my Mind. Thoughts, if you will. Thoughts that belong to me. Thoughts... of mine. Creative, huh? (sarcasm here)

Anyway, there's really nothing left to mention. Well, the coincidence that today is in fact my 18th birthday. Yay. Happy Birthday to me. :)

All that's left will be hit upon tomorow, or the next day, or a day following that.

The First Farewell.

No comments: